GLOW WIRE TEST
This instrument allows to determine the exact combustion temperature of a material. An incandescent wire, heated by means of an electric circuit at a precise temperature, is pressed against the specimen under test with a preset force.
Realized according to the Standard: IEC 60695-2-10: 2013
VERSION WITH MANUAL MOVEMENT
- Sheet iron structure painted outside in colour RAL 7032, while the inner side is painted in mat black with 0,5 m3 protection box with a Ø 100 mm section of connection to an exhauster or to a tube for fumes evacuation at the end of the test
- Aluminium working table with “bubble” to position in plane and graduated scale with fastener for reference of penetration depth of the heating element in the test piece
- Aluminium carriage to hold the test piece, sliding on ball bearings, which can be operated from the outside of the box
- Test piece holder support in chrome-plated and perforated plate, adjustable in the three directions “X-Y-Z”
- Pressure load between heating element and test specimen obtained by traction masses = 0,95 ± 0,1 N
- Rod with survey index of the height of the flame, adjustable from of outside of the box, with graduated scale up to 200 mm over the heating element
- Vertical distance between heating element and wood board carrying “tissue paper” = 200 mm
- Heating element in NiCr 80/20 wire diameter = 4 mm
- Thermocouple type “K” in NiCr and NiAl wire diameter = 1 mm x 100 mm
- Working temperature range = 450° - 960°C
- Temperature measuring instrument, T.R.M.S. voltage and current digital reading
- Connections to the mains: 230 V – 50 Hz. (Other on request)
VERSION WITH AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT
- Aluminium carriage to hold the test piece, sliding on ball bearings, which can be operated by motor-gear
- Carriage speed of approach and withdrawal included between 10 mm/sec. and 25 mm/sec.
- Contact time between heating element and test piece TA = 30 ± 1 sec.
- Digital microprocessor to visualize the contact time (TA), the time of flame ignition (TI) and the time of flame extinguish (TE)
- Push-buttons of START, STOP, FORWARD, BACKWARD, STOP TI and STOP TE